I’m sure that you have noticed that things have slowed down around here… mostly a response to the fact that life outside of Miss Q has reached break-neck speed. Following along with my recent ramblings, you may have picked up on some of the big changes happening in my life.
Five months ago, I got engaged! I will become Mrs. Q October 9th of this year – and I cannot be more thrilled. Wedding plans are coming together. Most big decisions have been made and now it’s time for all of the DIY projects I have taken on (probably way more than I can handle). It’s been a blast – crazy, but a blast nevertheless.
Two months ago, I graduated with my masters in special education. Finished my thesis project, took more Praxis exams (still have one more to take – my eighth), and walked across the stage more done with school then I’ve ever felt in my life. Until…
One month ago, I got my first teaching job. I will be teaching middle school math at a special education school in East Nashville. I’ve never taught middle schoolers, never taught just math, and never taught at a special education school. But after the principal canceled several interviews after mine just to offer me the job, they must trust me and I’m learning to trust myself in this endeavor as well. Now to begin setting up my classroom, my rules, my routines, my supplies, my library, my math manipulatives, my reputation as a teacher, my expectations for my students, my confidence…
Three weeks to go until I am officially a teacher.
Three months to go until I am officially a Mrs. :)
And all that means, I’m worn out! My body and mind are exhausted. During the past 6 weeks, I have been to Ohio, New Jersey, Florida, and North Carolina. This weekend I’m off to Chicago. I have inservice after inservice. Meetings with the baker, the florist, the stylist, and the candlestick maker (well, not really, but it feels like I should). I’m wrapping invations in raffia, canning wedding favors, crafting bulletin boards, and trying to get through as many of my “lists” as possible.
This is not a “my life is harder/busier/more hectic” than yours. Truthfully, I’m having more fun than I’ve ever had! Being engaged, starting a new job, catching up with family and friends – this is FUN!
But it makes time-sensitive blogging hard. I feel like I’m letting you down when I don’t get the match-ups up right away or when I don’t have a chance to post the best deals. PLUS, there are so many people out there who are doing the same and are doing it so much better than I can at the moment. So I’ve made a decision…
I’m going to take some time… time to become the best teacher, future wife, and sane person I can be. Take some time to breathe, go for a run, read a book, travel the world (okay – I’ve gone too far :)
AND I’M OKAY WITH THAT. (fyi: that was in bold more to convince me than you)
I’m going to continue to post some recipes as I use this site as a personal recipe book. I’m going to post random personal posts, maybe a few wedding or classroom updates. I’m going to post a shopping trip or two. But I’m going to steer away from anything time-sensitive. The pressure to post such material has just gotten to be too much. It’s time to simplify.
And in that spirit, I’m urge you to check back every once in awhile. But I also encourage you to check out some of my other favorite blogs to pick up on where I’m leaving off…
For Kroger Matchups:
- Faithful Provisions – Kelly is my Nashville fav. And she covers the Mid-South region for Kroger (Nashville & Louisville).
- Mommy Snacks – Andrea covers some other Kroger regions and does a great job keeping it updated.
For Publix Matchups:
- I Heart Publix – She is fabulous and has just about everything you need to know about Publix.
- Frugal Fun and Fortune – Meagan is wonderful and does a great job with the Publix matchups each week.
For Harris Teeter Matchups:
- Southern Savers – This site covers SO many stores in the south and does it so promptly. Definitely a favorite!
- Mrs. Moneysaver – Dana covers Harris Teeter and does a fab job.
For CVS Matchups and Scenarios:
- Southern Savers – Again, Jenny gets these up every Friday before the Sunday sale. It’s awesome!
- Kingdom First Mom – She hosts a $5 CVS challenge each week, so check there for scenarios.
- Deal Seeking Mom – She hosts a link-up for the CVS ad. It’s a great place to find out CVS-ers.
For OTHER stores:
- Money Saving Mom – One of the best out there for blog collaboration. Check the side bar to find nearly any store in the country!
ONE FINAL NOTE: Thank you! I have been at this just under a year and the site has gotten over 60,000 hits! Thank you for reading, for commenting, and for encouraging me. I will continue to write and I hope you continue to read. Know that I appreciate you, as readers, followers, and friends.